Tuesday 4 December 2012

Gingerbread Houses

12 Days Of Christmas ~ Day #4

In my house it wouldn't be Christmas without the tradition of making gingerbread houses.  It is one of my boys favorite things and they look forward to it every year.  This year instead of using graham cookies I thought I would make the real deal.  I found a gingerbread house cookie cutter at Michaels.  

This part really turned out to be half of the fun for the boys and made this process take a few days.  We found our recipe off of Simply Recipes.

Once we had the gingerbread pieces all baked and iced together it was time to get to the good part, Decorating.









For me it is really fun to watch how their gingerbread houses progress through the years.  

Check out our 12 Days of Christmas Projects




5 comments:

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

How fun is that! Your guys are adorable. Love the tradition of making the houses. Great memory making!

Samantha K said...

Making gingerbread houses with my grandma is one of my favorite childhood memories. only wish I had all the photos you took to remember it by.

Winnie said...

Beautiful house, and such fun project

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

so cute! havent made one of those in forever!

> Madebygirl.blogspot.com
> MadeByGirl.com

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I haven't made gingerbread houses in forever but I remember loving it. :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!