Monday 9 December 2013

Gingerbread House Tradition


  1. This past weekend we did our annual Gingerbread decorating.  This is something I have done with my kids since they could eat the icing, and also something they look forward to every year. 


 I baked and assembled the housed the night before, because really what fun is there in wathcing the icing dry.



Concentrating so hard on their decorating skills. 


We finished up with a cup of hot chocolate.


My boys are having a really hard time with not eating them all. 


We put our tree up a few weeks ago, I just love how it just lights everything up and makes it feel so good to just sit and look at it. 


We have had so much snow in the past month that I am really not sure where we will put anymore, and as I am typing this the sky is filled with more falling snow. 

Can you see the light post in front of my house, that is right it is almost covered. Whom ever keeps wishing for a white Christmas you can stop we have all we can handle. 

What are some of your Christmas Family Traditions?

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The tree looks beautiful. We use to build one. We open the advent calendar everyday, and read a verse.

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What beautiful and touching pictures. I've never made a gingerbread house but I really want to. I'm impressed you baked and made them. Such great memories to make with your family.