Sunday 11 November 2012

Lamp Revamp

A few months back I had picked up this lamp for $5.00.  When I brought it home my husband looked at me like I was crazy.  He asked where I was going to put that ugly lamp, even my 8 year old thought I was loosing it.  I reassured them that this was not going to stay this way, I have a plan.  So after many months of it sitting in the garage I finally got to work on it.  Okay well I will admit my hubby did a little work to.  As I have a problem when it comes to my spray paint technique it is horrible, there are usually drips and it never covers right.  So after batting my eyes a please and maybe a little bit of whining he agreed to spray paint it for me.  




Wasn't she pretty, very retro.



 I just couldn't wait to get this ugly green fabric off.  Even with just taking it off the lamp looked better. 



Once I found the fabric I wanted it was time to get this project done.  I used newspaper to make a stencil with (which I forgot to take a picture of). I simply used the lamp shade and rolled it marking the newspaper. Once that was finished I made sure it was going to fit but left extra just to make sure.


In order to get the fabric to adhere to the lamp shade I used Elmers Acid Free Craft Bond which worked great.  I let it set for an hour and then finished up the few pieces that were sticking up with my hot glue gun.  





   

8 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Fantastic job, Lisa. It's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, nice to meet you. I found a link to your blog via Kylie over at Absolutely Arkanas. I see your from Alberta, I am a fellow Canadian as well on the east coast. I am your newest follower, just checking out your blog and your one creative lady. Just love your projects :)

Unknown said...

great job it looks awesome now

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fantastic job!
Looks awesome!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

LAC said...

Great idea! I shall never overlook a lamp at a yard sale again! It holds such potential!


Stopping by from Sew Many Ways FAFF! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

WOW - gorgeous job - so nice to " meet " you Lisa!!!
Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back when you have the time!
Big hugs from Montreal
Suzan

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wow - what a beautiful transformation! blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

This turned out great!! I have an old lamp I got for $5 as well that I need to make over, I love the fabric you used on the shade. Do you find that it casts weird shadows when the lamp is on? Thanks so much for partying with me at Link It Up Thursday.