Monday 17 December 2012

Strawberry Shortcake

This week my sweet little niece has turned 5 years old and it is hard to believe she is growing up so quickly.  She was born a tiny 4lbs 12oz little peanut and I was honored 5 years ago to be there when she was born and when she took her first breath.  

This weekend we celebrated her birthday and in true girly spirit she picked a strawberry shortcake theme for her birthday.  When I was asked to make her a cake how could I possibly say no.  With three boys it is not very often that I get to do a fun girly cake. 







She was super excited about her cake and kept telling everyone that her auntie was going to make her strawberry shortcake cake for her birthday.  I am so glad to be part of her special day. 


6 comments:

Seaside Interiors said...

Hey Lisa, the cake is adorable! I bet your neice loved it. It is always more fun to make them for loved ones. I have a wedding cake coming up for New Years and I haven't done one in forever. I'm a little nervous and excited :)
I have my first giveaway on my blog this week, if you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and enter it! I hope you and your family have a great holiday and thanks for always stopping in and leaving comments on my site. I really appreciate it :)

Helen Williams
Seaside Interiors LLC
www.abritofhappiness.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - that cake is so adorable! I wish I had cake making skills like that! And your niece - that is too precious... telling all of her friends that her aunt was going to make such an awesome cake for her. So cute.

Carmella said...

Your cakes just make me smile! This is so beautiful!

bj said...

HOOOLY COW, GIRL...this is a KNOCK-OUT cake that must have thrilled that little birthday girl to pieces.
What a beautiful cake.
Over from Watch Out Martha...

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

WOW...that is gorgeous!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2012/12/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features_23.html

Amanda
www.watchoutmartha.net