Monday 19 November 2012

Snowman Family

Well it is here again,  my favorite time of the year.  My Goal this holiday season is to do Twelve holiday crafts, baking or gifts to share with you.

For my first one I decided we needed to have ourselves a little 2x4 snowman family.  This was fun for the kids as they got to help out with sanding and picking out their button colors. 

This was such a fun project to do.  Truly the hardest part was figuring out what size they should all be. 


I used 2x4's for most of the snowman and then 1x4 for a part of the hat.  I simply glued all the pieces together and waited patiently for them to dry.  


Once they were all dry each one got two coats of paint and a little sanding. Then it was time for the kiddies to head down to my paint drawer and figure out what color of buttons they all wanted.




  Aren't they fun

Hope you Enjoy




12 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

These are too cute! You are so creative.

Schulz Family said...

Visiting from handmade tuesday - ladybug blessings. This is so cool. Really good photos and explanation. thanks heaps.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

This is such a cute project! You are so creative! Have a lovely week! Angie xo

Linda said...

I love your 2x4 snowmen or snowpeople. These are great decorations not only for Christmas but for winter. Time to hunt through the wood pile :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Love! We have scraps like that and paint, and I think we will try it! Great idea.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

So adorable! I love that it's very simple and uses castoffs of wood pieces that we always have plenty of around here!

Shannon Barefoot said...

These are absolutely adorable! I'm visiting from "Mingle with us" blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to check out my blog and share these snowmen at my link party/giveaway going on right now:

http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-weekly-creative-9-and-giveaway.html

Have a great day!
Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

Chrissy said...

I love these!! What a great idea and such cute snowmen!! I am a new follower after finding you through a linky party. I hope that you will stop by my site if you get a chance. http://www.thetaylor-house.com

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I LOVE this little snowmen family! You're a STAR with a spotlight feature over at I Gotta Create!

Thank you for linking up.
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

Anonymous said...

I love these snowmen. They are so cute!!! and what a good way to involve your kids in spending time together doing crafts :)

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

These are simply adorable and perfect for an outdoor decoration - now I know what I'm gonna make for my front porch! Thanks for sharing your idea!
JoAnn

Margo said...

These are so cute! Thanks for linking up to Think Tank Thursday last week!