Sunday 25 November 2012

Christmas Morning Quiche

As promised I am here to share with you my second item on the holiday list.  Frankly this is a winner in my house all year round and they don`t last long when they are made.  My kids even love to take them to school instead of sandwiches.  If you have followed some of my recipes before you know I am kind of an eyeball girl and don`t really have a set recipe but I will give it my best shot because they are just so darn yummy.

What you will need
30 pack of Sweetened tart shells
Package of Bacon
Cheese
Eggs
Maple Syrup


I use approximately a dozen eggs and whisk them together with about 4 tbsp of maple syrup.


A few years ago my mother in-law made quiche for an event and by accident bought the sweetened tarts, since then we don`t make them any other way.  First I cooked my bacon  and then cut it up into small pieces.  If you want onions, mushrooms or anything else you can add them at this time but I like to keep it simple.


 Once I grate the cheese I like to cut it up so it is smaller pieces that will fit into the tarts better.  Then it`s time to fill the tarts with the eggs, I like to layer the cookies sheet with parchment paper because I tend to over spill a few times filling them up.

I bake them in the oven at 350` for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.  



These are great for a quick morning breakfast on the go or to add to a brunch.  I like to make alot and then freeze them so we have lots on hand.

Give them a try and let me know what you think.

12 Days of Christmas 


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds fantastic! Great job!
Garrett @TheGrowingPatch
www.growingpatch.com

ThreeDawgLady said...

Great idea and my family loves quiche!
Deborah
threedawgladydesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely, I think I'll try them this weekend. My little one would love those little quiches. thanks for sharing.
Rhonda
www4loveanchocolate.com

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Yum! Cute for children, but pretty for adults! Thank you for sharing.

That reminds me that I should go use my sister's kitchen and make my torta!

Jeannie and Linda said...

These look delicious, I really like quiche, and they are perfect for the holidays, with people popping by. Thanks for the recipe.
I'm your newest member, please check us out, would love for you to become a member. Have a great day. Jeannie of thefrenchhensnest.blogspot.com

Schulz Family said...

Yummy, I love this. It is great because I am into doing a lot and freezing so that I have something to pull out. Also these look quick and easy. Definitely something I would do.

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Love the individual serving size! These would be awesome with fresh eggs from your own backyard! ;)

Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com