Thursday 10 May 2012

Gardening Tool Box

For every good Birthday Party you have to have a good party favor bag


Every year I try to come up with something a little different, something that the kids can use and personalize them.

This year for my sons buggy party I decided to make these fun Gardening tool Boxes.  Each tool box included a gardening shovel, bag of dirt, a pot and a package of seeds.



For this I got all the kids involved helping me.  Makai helped get me the wood to cut, then we would pass them over to Keegan who would sand all the edges and last we would hand them off to Chase where he would stand them up together and let me know how many more pieces we needed.

If you want to make your own here is what we did.

We used 
1x6 cut at 12" for the bottom
2 - 1x6 cut at 9" for the side.  I then measured 2" down and cut on a 45' 
2 - 1x4 cut at 12" for the sides
1 - 5/8" dowel cut to fit I believe this worked out to 13.5" long.  

Once I had all the pieces it was just a little wood glue and an air nailer to put it all together. 




Each one of the boxes were painted.  I decided on Brown for the boys and Pink for the girls and then finished off with their names stenciled on the front. 

The next day my kids got right to work putting their seeds into the pots and are waiting for them to grow. 


21 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Clever- Creative- AND CUTE! Love these Garden Tool Boxes!

Jana said...

Beautiful garden and boxi great inspiration. Have a nice weekend.
Jana

Little City Farm said...

Great idea. I love how these turned out and what kid doesn't love his/her name on something. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Lori said...

When we get to our new home I want one of these for each of us so we can work in the yard....love this idea. Thanks for sharing, Lori

being mom{me} said...

This is so cute!!! I love this idea. So glad to connect with you through "Sew Many Ways"!

Jodie said...

Too cute. Found you through Sew Many Ways.

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Hello! That is awesome. My son is having a construction themed 3rd birthday next weekend, but I think you are way above me on favors:)

Anonymous said...

These are too cute! I bet these were even more special to them since they got to help make them. Love this idea!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh my gosh Lisa! This is an incredible project! You did an amazing job girl! I am sure the kids loved it! Angie xo

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Love this idea!

Anna said...

I've wanted to make one of these forever! Thanks for linking up to the party so that I know how now!

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Very nice! Love the color...it's one of my favorites this season!

Rachelle said...

How fun to have a personal gardening box! I'm sure that would help get kids more excited about helping out. Thank you for following my blog (ohigotthis.blogspot.com)! I love yours. You have some very professional looking projects. Great job!

Meeha Meeha said...

This is a wonderful idea and I imagine it wasn't easy to do. I also love the paint colors;)

Lauren said...

SO CUTE! I love this idea! Thanks!

Nelly@DGInnovations said...

What little one wouldn't love that! or even "BIG" one! I'd love it for me!!!!
dginnovations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These are too cute. I can imagine making a larger/adult version for collecting veggie from the garden. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Those are just adorable! I love them! I think any kid would love them too!

Thanks for sharing!
--Katie

Unknown said...

LOVE these, Lisa! What a fabulous party favor...and I can't believe you built them all too! SO cute! I want one...lol. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

Sarah said...

Hey! Those are AWESOME! Would also be a great idea to make for my kids to help me with planting flowers, etc!

So fun to see another Alberta girl in blog-land! :) I'm a new GFC follower!

Sarah

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

You're being featured on Handmade Tuesdays next week!