Monday 3 December 2012

Office/Craft Room Makeover

I can't believe it has taken me so long to share with you my office makeover.  I have decided I am a ADD Crafter.  I start a project and need something from a different room and then get to the room and start a different project.  It is a major problem for me, hmmm I wonder if they have help for this.  Anyways I finally finished and then got around to taking some pictures so I thought I better share before something else comes up.

I have never been a blue person when it comes to paint on my walls but I am loving this dark blue I used.

Prior to this becoming my very own space it was my sons bedroom. After a little shifting in the house I finally have a space all my own.  

 I Kept it simple with the artwork and added some pictures from our recent trips to Australia & Aruba




Do you remember the lamp I refaced well here is her final home.  You can check out her before and after here


I had this light upstairs in the room I moved my son to and fear for its life it had to make it's way downstairs to this room.  Plus it didn't really go with a boy room. 

Dresser Before
I re-painted this dresser and side table before but decided in this room I wanted something a little more girly.  Frankly I am surrounded by boys so this corral wouldn't go over well in really any other room. 





Computer Desk Before

The computer Desk also got a facelift 

One of my favorite things in this room is this Antique Singer sewing machine which my husband rescued from his mother.





I found this fantastic World Map online and the thing I liked about it was that it had more brown tones to it. 


Okay isn't this the cutest little oil can you have ever seen.  It was hiding in one of the drawers of the sewing machine. 


So there you have it, do you like it as much as I do. 



8 comments:

ana@carpe_diem said...

I think it is fabolous!
I love those deep blue walls and coral accents - so navy like! and so sophisticated :)
great details, too, framed photos and a singer machine (I can't belive people actually throw those away).
congratulations on your very succesful makeover!

Unknown said...

It looks amazing! The color is rich and your photos with the white frames stand out so nicely. So many great details in here...the red dresser, the sewing machine. WOW. Nice job!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

WOW you have done an amazing job! The sewing machine is amazing as well - yes the cutest oil ever!

Unknown said...

Looks awesome! I would love to have a place like that to work and play!

Just Jaime said...

Such a great transformation! I like your photos and accessories!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I bet that deep blue makes the room feel nice & cozy. I think it's perfect for a craft room. Great job on coordinating everything! So lovely!

Unknown said...

Nice! My craft room is our dining room. I'd love my own space and one so pretty.

I'd love if you linked this up at my Show & Tell party this week. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2012/12/show-and-tell-4.html

Adorned From Above said...

I love this makeover. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above