Monday 22 October 2012

Recipes Anyone

As the snow if flying and the cold is starting to set in I am finding myself pulling out my recipe book to make some yummy dinners and desserts.


But I am going to be honest my recipe book is not pretty, at all. Beware this is a little scary.

Yup that's right here it is, an old binder with pages spread throughout most of them not even in their protective covers but just shoved in and not organized.  Most times I find myself spending more time than I want trying to locate the recipe I want.
  

I found these basic but cute little boxes at a local store and gave them a coat of paint, then sanded the edges. For this one I stenciled on Cakes & Cookies.  I am going to do two more for the other good stuff like main meals and salads you know the healthy things. 


Trying to find pre-made recipe cards to fit in these boxes wasn't happening so I made these recipe cards up on my photoshop program.  I like it this way because as I get new recipes I have the cards done up and ready to go.  


Know to fill those recipe boxes with all my yummy recipes.  

I think this would also make a fantastic homemade gift for a parent or grandparent with all your family recipes in it. 


10 comments:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

What a wonderful recipe box idea! Right now, my binder looks about the same as your binder! Thank you for the inspiration! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Super cute project Lisa! The recipe box is pretty! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Unknown said...

What a great project. I need to organize my scary recipe binder. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

I love cakes and cookies and I just love this little box! I am totally guilty of acquiring crinkled recipes and shoving them into the cupboard. I need something like this in my life!

Mary Smith said...

This is a great DIY gift idea! Even better if you included a few favorite recipes.

Craftberry Bush said...

This is adorable Lisa...I love the old fashion way of storing recipes...as opposed to "where's that bookmark of ..." The box turned out so pretty...xo

Tammy said...

Love that box! You did a great job! good idea for the recipe cards!

Carrie said...

I need to do this! I have recipes everywhere!
Thanks for joining us for last week’s “Think Tank”. If you haven’t already linked up, we’d love to see you again today!
http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-3.html

Amanda said...

Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2012/11/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features.html

Amanda
www.watchoutmartha.net

PS - PLEASE add Martha Mondays to your Link Party page... I almost didn't feature you, even though you were the top spot, because MM wasn't listed with the other Monday parties!

cgammeter said...

Hi Lisa: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/ a new GFC friend. I would love it if you stop by and be mine, too.
Love that box. I need to do the same thing with recipes. Thanks for sharing!